Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Tidy Up. Hey 'Followers' of the blog.

Cleaning up the Blog a bit.... lots of distractions over there >>>>>>>
 I might be 'migrating' the blog - does that matter to anyone? 'followers'? i can just send out a new url if you want to subscribe to the RSS, right?
yay? nay? anyone care?

'I used to live here'
I came across this old Toyota truck last week when i was up in San Francisco & the memories came a flooding. This was my car and sometimes home for many years during the 90's - I had a cap on the back to keep prying eyes & the weather out & built my own carpet kit out of 'liberated' wood & remnant carpet [rose]. It had a gutless 4 cylinder, manual transmission, tape deck, cloth seats, stock everything.  I could fit everything I owned in my little 4x4 & still have room to sleep. I slept in there in -18 degrees in the Bridger Bowl parking lot in order to get fresh snow, watched drive-in movies from the tailgate, saw sunsets & sunrises, caught air, peeled out, and she even sat in storage for a few lonely months while i was, uhh, 'unable to drive'.
She made it from Louisville to Wyoming and back several times, all over Colorado, Utah & New Mexico, Montana, Washington, Canada, Oregon - she was broken into in the lower Haight in SF & the mountain bike, surfboard and sleeping bag were still there in the morning... and finally to Bend where I lived for a few years & we parted ways.
Now I know why 'Old Timer's' always seem to gravitate to restoring the cars of their youth - i want it back.

10 comments:

Jerome said...

I care:) be sure to let me know if I need to go elsewhere to see you latest and greatest. I quite enjoy it Cheers, Jeremy

embry_rucker said...

Thanks Man, I'll definitely post the new location...

chukT said...

That truck towed some skiers one Laramie winter evening!

embry_rucker said...

I remember the sparks.

DENISE. said...

I follow way too many blogs & many people migrate them to a fancier site all the time. Just do a post here with the new address, and people can follow you. Super easy. Good luck!

dlv said...

Remember when you and Johnny V Sac rolled the tires off the rims of that truck? Still don't know how you managed to come out of that unscathed.

The word verification I have to use to post this message is "lingl". Coincidence? I think not.

-DV

Andrew Hyslop said...

My ride up to The University of Wyomings' Norwegian Olympics in the back on a trip that would have made Hunter S. Thompson proud.

I feel like too many things in my life are changing right now. Don't move your blog...just because. OK. Move it - whatever. I'll still like the shit out of you.

embry_rucker said...

DLV & Hyslop, i remember both those 'events'. lucky to be alive - good times.

Spring Rains said...

Love your blog! Photos & content -cool!I'm a chic! We're following. Keep it up!

Athena said...

following and following.....