Sunday, August 30, 2009

20090830_Shaker Village











































Some photos from today.
I'm in KY visiting my parents with my family & we took the whole crew to Shaker Village...
It's got a pretty amazing, if repressed & baffling, history & the simplicity of their designs make you feel like life doesn't have to be so complex...
My kids saw a few goats & sheep & being Southern Californians, thought it was a zoo... we soothed their disappointment with a paddleboat ride up the Kentucky River on the Dixie Belle.

2 comments:

Andrew Hyslop said...

Nice clean lines. Excellent set.

Good thing you didn't accidentally take a picture of a person, I think it captures their spirit.

Some shooters have made extended projects of this place and you have trumped them in a day.

embry_rucker said...

Those Shaker's are good set designers.