Friday, February 06, 2009

100!


Whoa- 100 posts. 
fancy that. 
Glad to see that a few folks are following along & checking stuff out.
Thanks. nice.
All sorts of hi-tech new things happening here these days.


Here's the new Blurb book -it's a rendition of my 13x19 custom printed portfolio. 
I'm super impressed with the quality - lots of possibilities here.




In other fascinating Office news:

Our Studio Manager here @ Embry Rucker Photographs Inc. Scott, has been taking advantage of my "Ride your bike or take the train to work & get a $5 bonus eco friendly eco challenge"

No one has ever really taken me up on it & now Scott, who, mind you, lives like 35 miles away [one way] has been biking in 2-3 days a week - sure he stinks to high heaven & we don't have showers, but he has his own office & we have incense just in case.
so, mother earth thanks you & i thank you. 
Have a good weekend.

9 comments:

stikman said...

I was just checking blurb to make a book, but I still need more print worthy work ;)

Thats tight scott rides that far, what a champion. He's 35 miles away, thats about how far I am, let me know when he moves on ;)

Happy weekend.

embry_rucker said...

Hey StikMan, yeah Scott is getting Gnarly.
i'm not sure my images deserve a hardcover book, but it looks cool, go on, give it a try.... at least your parents & in-laws will want to see it.

Andrew Hyslop said...

Congrats on the one hundie. Nice, but I am having trouble keeping up with all your social networking. Slow down. Oh...and also... Can I borrow $125 ? I have had my eye on a new book.

Patrick said...

I've been following your blog for awhile, really cool stuff- I appreciate the recent addition of tech specs for your shoots! Keep it up!

Shane O'Neill said...

Hey There,
I enjoy your blog & work!!
I am too in the process of Blurb Booking its taking a long time.Thanks for sharing yours.
How many did you print & are you gifting them or sending them out to prospects?
Thanks
Shane O'Neill SF

embry_rucker said...

@ shane:
I really just did the Blurb as a test to see how the whole interface / printing worked. i think it might be better suited to smaller more targeted books that you can send with a general portfolio... it's cool though.

Adam said...

embry,

is there any way i can get a copy of that book? i need that book on my coffee table along with my richard avedon and stephen shore.

i've been a fan for a long, long time.

- adam

embry_rucker said...

@ adam..... wow, cool man, thanks. you should be able to order that book from Blurb. let me know if you have any problems.
-e

blaine said...

Hey tell Scott YO! from Blaine... I was wondering what he was up to these days!
Come to think of it he kinda stunk (stinked?) back in the Calumet days too, without biking to work. Kidding... haha.

Blaine