Monday, December 22, 2008

Oneill Boys / Groms / Lil' Guys / rascals



These are a few out takes from a shoot i did for Oneill a few weeks ago... 
These little dudes surf for Oneill & after our shoot were being whisked away to the Vans skatepark for the afternoon... 
Sometimes when i'm shooting with kids i try & remember what i was doing when i was their age... 
I mean, really, being in a photo-shoot for a cool surf company that gives you & your friends clothes & gear & pays for you to surf wherever you want & then getting to skate an indoor skatepark - the likes of which would have made my head explode with its awesomeness when i was 13. 
possibly the opposite of what i was up to on a farm in Kentucky when i was 13.

4 comments:

stikman said...

Such a simple theory in the 'thinking of what I was doing at 13' but something I keep in mind when shooting good.

Always a good tip resource. Thanks for posting.

Stik

Jay Reilly said...

ha, i know what what you mean, its strange...sometimes when i am shooting kids, i think they are more mature and professional than i am!

jay

Greer Rivera said...

Loving this stuff! I want MORE technical details and info on how you even start to get hired by O'neill (my dream job)!!

embry_rucker said...

Ha! thanks Greer, I'll remember this comment next time i catch myself complaining about anything on an O'neill shoot!
thanks for your perspective.
tips on getting your dream job?
10,000 hrs of actual work.
http://www.gladwell.com/outliers/index.html