Friday, October 17, 2008

Olympus - Proof





The Olympus 'Proof' ads i did a few months ago with the great crew @ Deutsch are starting to show up in mags - this one is in the current Outside.
We shot this in Lake Tahoe near Sand Harbor - perfect 'Simpsons Clouds' & truly resilient talent.
It wasn't exactly the 'tropical' destination we were looking for, but hurricanes in the Gulf chased us into the mountains.
These are pretty badass little point & shoot cameras - waterproof to 30 feet [able to shoot & capture video underwater too], dust proof, & can withstand a drop from 10 feet or so.
also, i picked up the canon G10 last week - after just repairing my G9 - anyway, the G10 has a much wider lens [28mm] than the G9, of course no one has software to deal with the RAW's yet...
[the KY shots are with the G10 btw.]

3 comments:

Christian said...

nice ad!
always the same with the RAWs... happened that way with the last SLR I got and with the LX3 too. I wonder when that stuff gets out the way in your workflow...

robbiesell said...

I'm a proud G10 user now also. I love that it has a viewfinder! I now feel like I'm shooting photos again.

Alex Pasquali said...

Hey Embry ! Really cool shots with the G10 ... it seems that it is a nice little toy. I went to a Canon shop here in Sydney the other day and got tempted to buy one... I think I'll end up going to that shop again soon ... Love your blog ! Alex Pasquali